All gas to be received from shipper into the Northern Natural Gas pipeline system shall conform to the following specifications:
- The gas shall be commercially free from objectionable odors, solid matter, dust, gums and gum-forming constituents, or any other substance which might interfere with the merchantability of the gas, or cause injury to or interference with proper operation of the lines, meters, regulators, or other appliances through which it flows
- Oxygen - less than or equal to 0.2% by volume
- Hydrogen Sulfide - less than or equal to 1/4 grain/Ccf
- Total Sulphur - less than or equal to 20 grain/Ccf
- Carbon Dioxide - less than or equal to 2.0% by volume
- Water - less than or equal to 6 pounds/MMcf.
- Heating Value - greater than or equal to 950 BTU/Cubic Foot
- The temperature shall be less than or equal to 120 F
If any gas received by Northern shall fail at any time to conform to the specifications set forth above, Northern may refuse to accept delivery pending correction by the other party. Northern may, on a basis that is not unduly discriminatory, elect to accept gas which fails to meet specifications.
For further information regarding gas quality, please see
Northern's FERC Gas Tariff, Sheet 281